Monday, August 15, 2011

Black Bean Chicken with Rice

I wanted a quick recipe tonight that called for few ingredients and I found this one. It was incredibly easy and was FULL of flavor. It definitely has a kick to it, so beware!

~~~

Black Bean Chicken with Rice

3 teaspoons chili powder (I might use a little less next time!)

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I just used 3 chicken breasts)

2 teaspoons canola oil (I used olive oil)

1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained

1 cup frozen corn

1 cup salsa

2 cups cooked brown rice

Combine the chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt.

Rub spices over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil on both sides.

Stir in the beans, corn and salsa. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve chicken with rice and bean mixture.

I think my favorite part about this dish was the black bean mixture...YUM! I served it with some sliced avacado and I think next time I might even top it with some fresh cilantro. Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Dena,
    For some reason, I just now landed on this blog...I guess I never noticed the link on your blog before! I just printed out several of the recipes and can't wait to check them out. Of course, I am a huge fan of the pictures...I am not a confident cook, but now that I will be staying home, I will need to figure it out! :)
    Thanks for sharing these recipes...they all look so great!!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like some of them! Most of my recipes are super easy, so hopefully you'll find some keepers! :) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete