Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pasta with Cream Sauce

I'm not a huge pasta person, but when I saw this recipe I just had to try it because it looked so light. I'm glad I did because this is delicious! The original recipe which came from Taste of Home is just for the pasta, but I added some baked chicken and made a meal out of it. Yum, yum!


~~~


Pasta with Cream Sauce


1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta


1 small red onion, chopped


3 tablespoons olive oil


4 garlic cloves, minced (I only used 3 because 4 seemed like a lot.)


3/4 cup chicken broth


1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil


1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano


1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper


1 cup heavy whipping cream


Cook pasta according to pasta directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.


Stir in the broth, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 8 minutes or until reduced by about half.
Stir in cream. Cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until the sauce is reduced to 1-1/4 cups. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.






Again, the recipe was just for the pasta, but I seasoned some chicken, baked it, and put it on top. I HIGHLY recommend putting chicken with it...it was SO GOOD like this! Talk about an easy, all in one meal! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment