Thursday, December 20, 2012

Oklahoma Breakfast Pizza

If you have family in town for Christmas and need to make a great breakfast that is different from your standard breakfast casserole, give this a try!!  This came from my Dad and it did not disappoint.  He actually cut it out of the Oklahoma newspaper of all places. It is so good and the best part is you can eat it with your hands!  :)
~~~
Oklahoma Breakfast Pizza
1 package Shawnee Mills pizza crust mix (I used a Pillsbury roll out crust)
8 Pork Sausage Patties (I used Jimmy Dean HOT sausage instead)
1 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
4 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I just used all mozzarella)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 400.  Press pizza dough into pizza pan and set aside.  Brown sausage and bell pepper, drain, and set aside.  In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with milk.
Spread sausage and bell peppers over pizza crust. 
 Top with thawed potatoes.
 Sprinkle with cheese and then carefully pour egg mixture over the sausage and cheese.
 Bake at 400 for 20-35  minutes.  Sprinkle with cooked and crumbled bacon.
(I will say that the edges of my crust got pretty brown, so half way through baking, I put foil around the edges of my pan to stop the edges from getting too dark.)

Yummy...this is SO GOOD!!!!  Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment