Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chicken Pesto Panini

Oh, how I love a good sandwich, and I REALLY loved this one!!!  The original recipe from Damn Delicious was for a Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pesto Panini.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love anything with Peso.  So, I thought I'd give this sandwich a try, but I substituted the turkey for baked chicken breast and it turned out AMAZING!!  I didn't even get to add the avocado to mine (it was bad when I cut into it..boo!) and it was still amazing.  So, if you love a good sandwich and you love pesto, you will LOVE this!
~~~
Chicken Pesto Panini
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 loaf of French bread cut into 4 equal pieces
1/2 cup pesto
4-8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
2 cups sliced baked chicken
2 roma tomatoes, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.  Spread pesto over each side of French bread.  Top with mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, and top half of bread.  Repeat for remaining sandwiches.  Add sandwich to a pan and grill until bread is golden and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.

This really is amazing!!  Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment