Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blueberry Muffin Tops

Question: What is your favorite part of a muffin? The tops right?!? I know mine is! We had family coming in town this weekend and I always like to have something sitting out to snack on or something for the boys to grab while running out the door to play golf, so I figured this would be the perfect thing. My friend Melissa gave me this recipe a while back and I can't believe I just now tried it. It takes all of about 2 seconds to make and the best part was that Hudson LOVED them!
Blueberry Muffin Tops
1 box Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry muffin mix
milk
Vegetable oil
eggs
Preheat oven to 425 or 400 for dark or nonstick pans. Prepare muffin mix as directed on box EXCEPT reduce milk to 1/2 cup.
Drop batter by rounded spoonfulls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. (My first batch stuck a little, so I used Pam on my second batch and they didn't stick a bit.)
Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges and tops begin to brown. Cool one minute before removing from cookie sheet.
YUM! They reminded me of a platter of cookies sitting out. Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

  1. The tops ARE my favorite! This is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 120 muffins to make for Holiday parties on Friday... These seem like a much more feasible option! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...definitely more feasible if you have to make 120!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these and they were a hit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe. I tried these this morning but got carried away with the size - much too big. Delicious though and I think next time I will sprinkle a little sugar on top of each before baking.

    ReplyDelete