Monday, October 10, 2011

Southwestern Black Bean Salad

This past weekend, we had a football party to attend and were supposed to bring a side item. Well, I have been pinning recipes on pinterest, but had yet to make one yet, so I figured it was time! This came from Skinnytaste and oh my goodness...SO GLAD I found this website! I definitely will be making more of her recipes! This was so easy, yummy, and best of all, actually good for you! Win, win!

~~~

Southwestern Black Bean Salad

1, 15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained

9 oz frozen corn, thawed

1 tomato, chopped

1 small hass avacado, diced

1/4 cup red onion, chopped

1 scallion, chopped (I forgot this...oops!)

1 lime, juice of

3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 tbsp cilantro

Salt and fresh pepper

Combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper.

(I doubled this recipe if it looks like a lot to you.)

Aren't the colors pretty?? LOVE it!

Mix with lime juice and olive oil. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Add avacado before serving. (Sorry...this picture isn't flipped on my computer, but for some reason it won't quit turning on blogger...grr!)

There were a lot of people eating this, and everyone liked it! I served it with tortilla chips. I did add a little garlic salt because I felt like it needed a little something extra. SO good and fresh! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment