Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pizza Quesadillas & Quick Marinara Sauce

I love cooking fun, and even sometimes fancy meals. But, I have a few standard go-to meals that are quick, yummy, and a hit with my little guy. Pizza quesadillas are one of those meals. I make his with pepperoni and cheese and add more goodies for my husband and I. Quick, easy, delish! I recently found a Quick Marinara Sauce from Skinny Taste that made this dish even better!! It is SO GOOD...tastes like you picked it up to go from your favorite Italian restaurant. So, make some pizza quesadillas and get to dipping!! :)

~~~

Pizza Quesadillas

tortillas

mozzarella cheese

pepperoni & other toppings of your choice

cooking spray

Quick Marinara Sauce

1 tsp olive oil

2 cloves garlic, smashed (I used my garlic press)

1, 28 oz can crushed tomatoes

1 small bay leaf (I left this out...didn't have any)

1 tsp oregano

2 tbsp chopped fresh basil

salt and fresh pepper to taste

For your quesadillas, layer your cheese, pepperonis (and other toppings) and more cheese.

Top with second tortilla and place in sprayed pan. Cook on medium until the bottom tortilla is slightly brown and the cheese is beginning to melt. Flip and repeat.
Cut in quarters to serve. Yummy!!!

For the marinara sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer about 20 minutes.

I'm telling you, this sauce is fantastic and the quesadillas were so good dipped in it!!! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment