Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lemony Grilled Salmon Fillets with Dill Sauce

I LOVE salmon.  I frequently order it out, but as I've said before am not always successful when cooking fish.  I'm either getting better at it, or choosing better recipes because this dish from Taste of Home is FABULOUS!!!  It was crazy easy and got rave reviews by my husband, myself, and even my 4 1/2 year old!  Give this one a try!!
~~~
Lemony Grilled Salmon Fillets with Dill Sauce
2 medium lemons
4 salmon fillets (6 oz. each) - I only did 2
Lemon-Dill Sauce
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup lemon juice
4 tsp. butter
3 lemon slices, quartered
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill
1/4 tsp salt
Dash cayenne pepper
Trim both ends from lemons; cut lemons into thick slices.  Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; use long-handled tongs to lightly coat grill rack.  Grill salmon and lemon slices, covered over high heat, or broil 3-4 inches from heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and lemons are lightly browned.
For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water, lemon juice; add butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.  Remove from the heat; stir in quartered lemon slices and seasonings.  Serve with salmon and grilled lemon slices.  (I drizzled the sauce over the top before serving.)

Seriously, how good does this look?!?  It was FANTASTIC!!  Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment