Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Monkey Bread Rolls

I got this recipe out of a magazine a few weeks ago and was so excited to try it!  I LOVE monkey bread and thought this would be a fun take on it.  It was!!  These were so easy to make and so good!!  Definitely give them a try.
~~~
Monkey Bread Rolls
1/2 of a 34.5 ounce package frozen cinnamon sweet roll dough (6 rolls) - I could not find this in our frozen food section, so I just used a can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls and they worked perfectly
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup caramel-flavor ice cream topping
1 tablespoon maple-flavor syrup
Place frozen rolls about 2 inches apart on a large greased baking sheet.  Cover with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate overnight to let dough thaw and begin to rise.  (I didn't do any of this because I used the refrigerated cinnamon rolls...MUCH easier!)
Preheat oven to 350.  Generously grease twelve muffin cups.  Divide pecans evenly among muffin cups; set aside.  Cut each roll into four pieces.  Dip each roll piece in melted butter, then roll in sugar.  Place two dough pieces into each muffin cup.  Drizzle rolls with any remaining butter; sprinkle with any remaining sugar.  In a small bowl stir together ice cream topping and syrup; drizzle over rolls.  (If you use the canned rolls, you will have some leftover.  I think I will buy two cans next time and put 3 pieces in each muffin cup...there is definitely room and I think it would have made for a more gooey center.)
 Bake for about 20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.  (Check them early...I think mine could have been taken out before 20 minutes was up.) Cool in muffin cups for 1 minute.  Invert onto a large platter.  Cool slightly.  Serve Warm.

YUMMY!!  How good do these look??  They were delish!  Please don't let the directions scare you...these are really easy...it just takes a bit of explaining!  Enjoy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment