Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Salmon Piccata with Capers

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!  My friend Aurora recently shared this recipe and I just had to make it immediately.  I LOVE salmon and am always looking for great ways to cook it.  This my friends, is GREAT!!  It is crazy easy and fast...put this on next week's menu!!
~~~
Salmon Piccata with Capers
2 salmon fillets (5 oz. each)
3 tbsp. unbleached flour
2 tbsp. chilled, unsalted European butter (I just used Parkay)
1/3 cup vegetable stock or low-sodium vegetable broth
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. drained capers
sea salt
ground black pepper
Season the salmon with sea salt and ground black pepper, then coat with the flour, shaking off the excess.  Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Add salmon and cook four minutes per side, or until brown.
 Place salmon on a platter...or go ahead and dish it up like I did!  :)
 Add broth and lemon juice to the skillet.  Bring to a boil for one minute.  Turn off heat.  Stir in the remaining butter, then the capers.
 Serve the sauce over the salmon.  Season to taste with sea salt.
Seriously, this is wonderful!!!  Enjoy!  :)

1 comment: