Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chicken Pesto Linguine

My friend Melissa recently emailed me with this recipe and she had me at the word pesto!  I don't know about you, but I LOVE anything with pesto in it...yum, yum!!  This recipe did not disappoint.  The pictures don't do it justice at all.  It was easy and delish!
~~~
Chicken Pesto Linguine
2 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup water
12 oz. linguine
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 to 1/2 cup pesto, to taste  (I went for the full 1/2 cup!)
1/4 to 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts or walnuts
Preheat oven to 350.  Toss chicken, oil, and Italian seasoning.  (This is the only part of the recipe that I would change.  I thought there was way too much Italian seasoning.  I would do much less the second time around. there are so many other flavors in the end that you don't need this.)  Add 1/2 cup water to pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.  Cook linguine according to package directions and set aside.  Remove chicken from oven and cool.  Pull into small strips.
 Bring chicken stock, Parmesan cheese, basil and parsley to a simmer.
 In a large serving bowl, toss lemon juice, butter, pesto, pine nuts, cooked chicken, and chicken stock mixture until coated.
 Allow flavors to combine for 5-10 minutes and serve warm.
Mmm...this was so good!  Enjoy!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love anything with pesto, it looks and sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think I'll try anything with pesto! :)

      Delete