Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken

I've had this recipe pinned  from Life As a Lofthouse for a while now and finally got around to making it.  I can't believe I waited this long...this is AMAZING!!!!  I was shocked at how good it was.  My husband actually said that he would prefer to have this any day over our favorite Chinese food restaurant...what?!?  It really is THAT GOOD!  If you haven't made this yet, run to the store and buy the ingredients.  This will NOT disappoint!!!
~~~
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
The Chicken Coating:
3-4 boneless chicken breasts
salt + pepper
1 cup cornstarch (you really don't need this much...I had A LOT leftover)
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil

The Sweet and Sour Sauce:
3/4 cup sugar
4 tbs ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
Preheat oven to 325.  Rinse chicken breasts with water and cut into cubes.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat and then dip into the eggs.  Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until browned, but not cooked through.  Place the chicken in a 9X13 inch greased baking dish.
 Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and pour evenly over the chicken.
 Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.

I'm not exaggerating...this is truly fantastic!!!  This will definitely be a regular meal at our house!  Enjoy!  :)

6 comments:

  1. We really loved this, and I've passed it on to many people since! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea!! It is SO GOOD, isn't it?? I think I need to make it again this next week!! :)

      Delete
  2. So good. And I threw a bunch of tri-colored chopped peppers and onions in there before I baked it! Yummy!! We will be making it again for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...great idea with the peppers and onions! I am making this tonight so I will add those too. Thanks!!

      Delete