Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes

OK, I know what you are thinking. This doesn't sound good, right? That is what I said to my Dad when he gave me this recipe. I was VERY skeptical because the recipe just didn't sound normal. But, my Dad and I have very similar tastes in food so I trusted him and I'm SO GLAD I did!! This is definitely not a normal, every day kind of recipe, but if you are wanting something out of the box you HAVE to try it. It isn't healthy by any means...it is a Paula Deen recipe, so you know how hers are...not healthy, but YUMMY! Give this a try...I promise it won't disappoint! Oh, and did I mention that it is easy too?
Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes
6 large Idaho potatoes
Vegetable oil, for coating
8 tbsp butter
2 cups graded cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling
2 cups grated Monterey Jack
2 cups sour cream
Salt and pepper
1 pound shrimp, peeled and sauteed (I used frozen again and thawed out under running water while I prepped everything)
Paprika
**I halved this recipe...it makes a lot.
Preheat oven to 350. Begin by washing potatoes, drying them, and gently pricking them with a fork on the sides. Coat each potatoe with vegetable oil, place on foil covered pan, and bake for approximately 1 hour.
Place butter in a large bowl. Remove the potatoes from the oven and slice each potato in half. Gently scoop out the potato and place in the bowl. Using a mixer on high, mix the potatoes, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
Fold the shrimp and both cheeses into the mixture.
Gently stuff the mixture back into the potato shells, making sure not to break them. Pile the mixture as high as you can on top of the potato shells.
Sprinkle each potato with cheese and paprika for color. Bake in the oven for approximately 20 - 30 minutes until browned on top.

I'm telling you, these got rave reviews...even my 3 1/2 year old devoured these! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment