Thursday, November 10, 2011

Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce

To be honest, I don't even remember how I stumbled across this next recipe, but I printed it out from the Very Best Baking website. Very glad I did because it was INCREDIBLY easy and so, so good! I'm not a big fan of just pasta for dinner, so I baked some chicken and served it on top with a side of green beans. I think adding the chicken absolutely made the meal, so I highly recommend it!

~~~

Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce

2 cups (8 oz.) dry penne pasta

8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (about 1/3 cup)

1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLE CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk

2 cups (8-oz. pkg.) shredded Italian-style four-cheese blend

1 teaspoon dried basil

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding sun-dried tomatoes to boiling pasta water for last two minutes of cooking time; drain.


Meanwhile, combine evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder and pepper in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.

Add pasta and sun-dried tomatoes to cheese sauce; stir until combined.




Like I said earlier, adding the chicken absolutely made the meal, so I wouldn't skip this part if I were you! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment