Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Spider Krispies

OK, so this recipe is a little late...as in, made it for my son's class Halloween party and you won't be able to use it until next year kind of late. Oops! Well, you can bookmark it and have it ready for next year! :) I had to come up with a gluten free, peanut free snack for his party and my friend Melissa told me about this super fun, super yummy treat. I got it from CookiesandCups and WOW...there is some super cute stuff on there! I paired the snack with a fun little idea I saw on Pinterest of course...a jack-o-lantern drawn on a little orange. Seriously, isn't that precious?!? LOVE!

~~~

Spider Krispies

6 cups Cocoa Pebbles (they are gluten free!)

1-10.5 ounce bag of mini marshmallows + additional marshmallows for eyes

1/4 cup butter

Chocolate chips

Pretzels

Spray a 9X9 inch pan lightly with cooking spray. Melt butter in sauce pan and add in marshmallows until melted. Remove from heat and stir in Cocoa Pebbles. Spread into your 9X9 inch pan and cool for 15 minutes. Cut out krispies with a 2 inch round cookie cutter. Flatten additional marshmallows with a rolling pin for eyes and press into the krispies. The recipe called for the black spot on the eyes to be made with a food marker, but I didn't have one, so I stuck chocolate chips upside down in the marshmallows. The kids LOVED them! Then, stick pretzel sticks into the side for legs. (Can use gluten free pretzel sticks!)

Ta-da! How cute is that?? I thought they turned out so cute and the kids gobbled them up! In the original recipe, she also made teeth for the spider and even shows how to use this to make a precious owl. Definitely check it out! Hope your kids enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment