Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Salsa Chicken

OK, recipes really don't get any easier than this one. I got this recipe from Chef Mommy and I'm really glad I tried it. Simple doesn't even explain how easy this is and not only is it easy, it tastes great! You probably even have the ingredients on hand, so go ahead and make this one today!

~~~

Salsa Chicken

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 jar Salsa

1 packet of Taco Seasoning (I didn't use the entire packet...seemed like a lot to me...I only used about 1 Tbsp.)

1 8-oz container of sour cream

1 can cream of chicken soup

Place chicken in the bottom of crockpot and cover with the cream of chicken soup and the salsa. Sprinkle the Taco Seasoning over that. Cook on low for 6 hours.

Shred the chicken...mine was so tender that a wooden spoon did the trick.
Mix in the sour cream.

Serve over rice.

Seriously...very yummy!!! Enjoy! :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks very yummy! I've made something similar minus the sour cream. Will have to try this one soon! And you're right I usually have all of those ingredients on hand. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina...you have to try it with the sour cream...it was so yummy that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many did this serve?? Looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...I would say it probably serves 4. I made it for my husband, son and I and we had leftovers. Granted, my son is only 4...but my husband eats a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete