Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Goodies

Last week I posted these precious Easter treats:

Don't you just love them? :)

This past week I also made several other Easter treats that I got off of Pinterest of course. I thought I would just do one quick post to show them all. Now all of the fun treats are in one place!

First up, cinna-bunnies! These were a huge hit with my little one. They were SO EASY too! All you need is a roll of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (8 count), some raisins, and some slivered almonds. (Mine don't have the almonds because my son wanted no part of them!)

Spread 4 of the rolls out and unroll the other 4, cutting them in half. Form into ears...the bottom right one was made by my son. :) Use raisins for the eyes and nose and slivered almonds for the teeth. Mine look a little like puppy dogs without the teeth. Oh well...they tasted great!

See...how cute! :)
For our Easter dinner, I couldn't resist coloring my deviled eggs!! After you boil and remove the yolk, place the egg halves in a cup of water with food coloring. Just let them sit until you get the color you want. Fun, fun!! (My mom sprinkled them with paprika before I could tell her not to...I think they would have been cuter without!)

Finally, resurrection rolls. Here's the recipe for these:

8 crescent rolls

1/4 cup sugar

1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon

8 large marshmallows

1/4 cup butter, melted

Separate rolls into 8 triangles. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip each marshmallow into butter, roll in cinnamon-sugar, and place on a triangle. Pinch dough (TIGHTLY) around marshmallow, sealing all edges. Dip tops of dough into remaining butter and cinnamon-sugar and place with sugar side up in greased mufin cups. Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes.
(The items represent: cresent rolls-cloth used to cover Jesus, marshmallow-Jesus, butter-oils used to anoint the body, cinnamon/sugar-spices used to prepare body for burial, oven-tomb)

It is empty when you bite into it. Such a fun lesson for kids!

These taste wonderful too...like an inside out cinnamon roll! I hope you enjoy all of these Easter goodies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment