Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Strawberry Spinach Salad

This is one of my all time favorite salads! I know there are several versions out there, but this is by far the best in my opinion. It is a Pampered Chef recipe and I think I could eat the whole salad myself!

~~~

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Dressing:

1 lemon

2 tablespoons white wine vinegar

1/3 cup sugar

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Salad:

1/4 cup sliced natural almonds, toasted

8 ounces (1 1/2 cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered

1/2 medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half

1/4 small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (1/4 cup)

1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, zest lemon to measure 1/2 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds. Whisk until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350. Spread almonds in a single layer in pan and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven; cool almonds. (I always do this in my toaster oven and it only takes a few minutes.)

Place spinach in a large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber, and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.

Love, love, love this salad! It is perfect for summer!! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment