Monday, May 16, 2011

Broccoli Bacon Raisin Salad

OK, so I have a small obsession with the Broccoli Bacon Raisin Salad that Sprouts sells. Small obsession meaning I buy a container of it EVERY week and eat it for lunch. I LOVE it! Since I love it so much I decided that I would try to make it. I searched and searched for a recipe that seemed to be the "right" one...there are a ton of them out there and I desperately wanted mine to taste like the one I buy each week. I finally picked this one from allrecipes.com and it is pretty darn close. I just might have given Sprouts a run for its money!


~~~

Broccoli Bacon Raisin Salad

1 bunch broccoli, washed, drained, and broken into flowerets

1/2 cup chopped red onion

1 pound bacon, fried, drained and crumbled (I did about half that)

1/2 cup hulled sunflower seeds

1/2 cup raisins (I don't care for raisins, so I left these out)

Dressing

3/4 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup sugar

2 Tbsp. vinegar


Combine salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Combine dressing ingredients together thoroughly.

Pour dressing ingredients over salad ingredients. Stir to blend. Serve chilled.

YUM!!! It was so good and I will definitely be making it again...perfect for summer! Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. My husbands grandmother makes this and I LOVE it! I just said at the grocery store the other day that I would love to make it! Now I can, without asking her! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I hope you like this version!! :)

    ReplyDelete