Monday, May 23, 2011

Juicy Roasted Chicken

A few weeks ago after a friend mentioned that she had roasted a chicken, I decided I needed to try it. Yes, I haven't ever roasted a chicken before. I love rotisserie chickens and they are so easy to pick up at the store that I had just never considered making one myself. But, after my friend raved about how easy it was, I wanted to try it for myself. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it was crazy easy and DELISH! The chicken was literally falling apart. You have to try this!


~~~



Juicy Roasted Chicken

1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed

salt and black pepper to taste

1 tablespoon onion powder

1/2 cup margarine, divided

1 celery stalk, leaves removed


Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken in roasting pan and season generously with salt and pepper on inside and outside. Sprinkle inside and outside with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine on outside of chicken. Cut the celery in 3 to 4 pieces and place inside the chicken cavity. Bake one hour and 15 minutes (or longer according to the directions on the package of the chicken). Baste with melted margarine. Cover with foil and let rest for 30 minutes before serving.

YUM! Seriously, how good does this look?!?

Perfect comfort food meal if you are in the mood! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment