Thursday, December 1, 2011

White Chili

This recipe from Taste of Home is simply DELICIOUS! The pictures DO NOT do it justice. I made this Monday night and we had it for leftovers Wednesday and I have had it for lunch twice...that is how good it is! I normally get sick of something, but I'm actually kind of sad I don't have any left. It is incredibly easy too and just perfect for the cold weather. You definitely need to add this to your menu soon!

~~~

White Chili

1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size strips (I used chicken breasts)

1 cup dried great northern beans, sorted, rinsed

1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup

5 cups water

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce

1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles

Sour cream and chopped avocado, if desired (HIGHLY recommend!)

Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. In slow cooker, mix chicken, beans, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, soup and water. Cover; cook on low heat setting 9 to 10 hours. (It is going to look more like soup for a long time, so don't worry.)

Just before serving, stir cumin, pepper sauce and chiles into chili. (It definitely thickens up, but don't expect a normal chili consistency.)
Garnish with sour cream and avocado...I HIGHLY recommend doing this...made it even more delicious!

I forgot to mention, this recipe is low fat too...BONUS! (Probably before the sour cream and avocado!) I really loved this recipe and will definitely be making it again soon! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment