Monday, January 30, 2012

Lemon Greek Chicken

This is one of those recipes that I used to make fairly often and then completely forgot about. Please tell me you have one of those! It is so good that I'm not sure how or when it got out of the mix, but I'm so glad I randomly remembered it the other day! It is a Pampered Chef recipe and I must admit that I love all things Pampered Chef. :) One of the best things about this recipe is that it is a one dish meal...love it!


~~~


Lemon Greek Chicken


2 teaspoons lemon zest


1/4 cup lemon juice


2 tablespoons olive oil


4 garlic cloves, pressed


2-3 teaspoons oregano leaves


3/4 teaspoon salt


1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper


2 medium baking potatoes


1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces


1 medium red onion, cut into wedges


8 ounces fresh whole mushrooms


4 split (bone-in) chicken breast halves (I just used boneless skinless chicken breasts)


Preheat your oven to 400. Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a bowl and set aside. If you have a Garnisher, use it to cut the potato into 8 wedges or slices. If not, just cut them. I think the Garnisher is kind of fun! :)


Place the potatoes in a 9X13 inch pan. (The recipe calls for you to bake it in the Pampered Chef Stoneware Baker if you have one...I don't, so it is a glass pan for me!) Add bell pepper, onion, mushrooms.
Add half of the lemon juice mixture and toss to coat.

Place chicken on top of the vegetables and brush with the remaining lemon juice mixture. Bake 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in center, brushing chicken and vegetables with pan juices after 30 minutes.








That's it! It is so easy to prepare and you are DONE with preparing dinner when you put it in the oven because your entire dinner is in one pan! Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment