Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

At playgroup a few years ago, we did a recipe exchange and my friend Alli gave us this recipe. It is one of my favorite recipes to make! It is insanely easy and so, so good! It makes a ton too and is great as leftovers. Don't wait to try this one!

~~~

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

3 cups cooked chicken breasts (cubed or shredded...I cube mine)

1 pkg Mexican style shredded cheese

1/2 cup sour cream

1 can chopped green chilies - drained

8-10 four tortillas

Sauce:

8 oz. sour cream

8 oz. green taco sauce

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.

Stuff mix into tortillas, roll up and place seam side down in a glass baking dish. Spray the top with cooking oil. (There were a few more in another pan.) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes uncovered.
For the sauce, just mix together the sour cream and the taco sauce and microwave it until your desired temperature.



Take out of the oven and pour the sauce on top. (I pour the sauce on once they are plated up. That way I can refrigerate the leftovers without the sauce on top so they don't get soggy. I refrigerate the sauce separately.)

How yummy do these look?? Trust me, they ARE!! I made a little bit of guacamole and put a little cilantro on top too. Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! They do look so yummy! I think I am going to make it for my sis and her family for tomorrow night's dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete